After a couple of month of thinking about cleaning my “man cave” (actually a closet with all of my hobby stuff) I finally took the bull by the horns and did it yesterday. Amongst other surprises I found a jar full of soap and babbitt miniatures. Though I haven’t been painting in ages I was curious to see how well did this kind of soaking effect the paints.
I have to admit I have done this before and with various different methods but this was by far the most successful. Anyone who has been painting miniatures is most likely familiar with the need of stripping the paint away at some point. At the latest it becomes an issue when buying used minis from eBay or similar sites for Oldhammer or just to get more variated minis.